WHY USE IT ON YOUR JOOMLA SITE?
Even though Google is the no. 1 search engine, there has been something missing, and that's the direct user-interaction.
The Facebook Like and Share buttons have become a standard for sharing content with your friends. Now, I see no reason why the Google +1 button won't be of equal, albeit different, importance.
- BACKUP YOUR INSTALLATION BEFORE ANY FILE CHANGES OR UPDATES
- Download the upgrade file for your installation. Example : if you version is 1.5.14, you would need 1.5.14 to 1.5.15 upgrade file ( if 1.5.15 is the current version)
- Extract the downloaded file
- Using your FTP client , transfer the extracted files to your server overriding the existing files.
- Check your installation.
Basically your joomla url is look like the below link which is difficult to understand for search engines like Google.
For this reason you need to make your joomla urls better understanding for search engines by enabling SEF from the joomla admin panel by following below instructions.
The following tutorial will give you a step by step process to follow for installing any Joomla module via the Joomla installer.
- Go to your Joomla admin area at yoursite.com/administrator
- Go to Extensions > Install/uninstall
- Click browse and locate the extension zip on your hard drive.
- If the zip is named unzipfirst then you must unzip the files.
- Click upload and install.
- After you receive the success message, navigate to Extensions > Module Manager
- Select the radio checkbox next to the module you just installed and begin to configure the options.
- Ensure that the module is published, is assigned to a menu item on the bottom left and all of the necessary parameters are configured.
- Apply or save the changes you have made.