This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for, Omegatheme the Omega web application, and the corresponding browser extension. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and associated tools. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures are in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to control over information and Deletion Rights:
You may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include: First Name, Last Name, Email used to register with the Company, and Phone Number
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Data deletion request
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, and take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Delete all application data as soon as reasonably possible in the following cases:
- When retaining the application data is no longer necessary for a legitimate business purpose that is consistent with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies;
- When you stop operating the product or service through which the application data was acquired;
- When we request you delete the application data for the protection of Users (which we will determine at our sole discretion);
- When a User requests their personal data be deleted or no longer has an account with you (unless the application data has been aggregated, obscured, or de-identified so that it cannot be associated with a particular User, browser, or device), or for Tech Providers, when a User or the Client requests their application data be deleted or the Client no longer has an account with you;
- When required by applicable law or regulations;
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "HTTPS" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
On May 25th, 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into effect, requiring more rigorous compliance with data anonymity and requests for data erasure. While Omega has not made any functional changes to the way data is processed for users, we’ve updated this policy for clarity and content.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device, which may be placed by our Site when you visit certain parts or features of our website.
What is Personal Data?
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) refers to personal data as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This means any information about you that enables you to be identified.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you (see Part 13)
- The right to have your personal data rectified
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or responsibly dispose of any of your personal data that we hold
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, and we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can request a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling
By using our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal (and non-personal) data, please also see Part 14 regarding Cookie use.: Name, age, gender, email address, operating system, your IP address, web browser type/version, URLs that referred you to our site.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data under the GDPR. For transparency, we may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Personalizing or tailoring our website experience to you
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Communicating with you and/or supplying products and services to you that you have opted-in to. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Supplying products and/or services to you. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Analyzing your use of our site and feedback gathering to allow us to improve our service to customers.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email/telephone/text message/post with news and information, as well as promotional offers. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You may opt out at any time.
Retention of Your Information
We generally keep your personal information while you use the OmegaTheme service. If you cancel the subscription, you stop paying your subscription fees, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Our retention period is 90 days unless required otherwise by the law. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of the length of our relationship with you, possible re-installs of our apps, and the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you & mandatory retention periods provided by law.
Your Personal Data
We do not share your payment information with third parties, all data is transferred using Stripe.
We do not share your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, except if we are legally required to do so. In such an event, we may share certain personal data of yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.