This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for, Omegatheme the Omega web application, and the corresponding browser extension. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and associated tools. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "HTTPS" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
On May 25th, 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into effect, requiring more rigorous compliance with data anonymity and requests for data erasure. While Omega has not made any functional changes to the way data is processed for users, we’ve updated this policy for clarity and content.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device, which may be placed by our Site when you visit certain parts or features of our website.
What is Personal Data?
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) refers to personal data as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This means any information about you that enables you to be identified.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you (see Part 13)
- The right to have your personal data rectified
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or responsibly dispose of any of your personal data that we hold
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, and we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can request a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling
By using our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal (and non-personal) data, please also see Part 14 regarding Cookie use.: Name, age, gender, email address, operating system, your IP address, web browser type/version, URLs that referred you to our site.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data under the GDPR. For transparency, we may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Personalizing or tailoring our website experience to you
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Communicating with you and/or supplying products and services to you that you have opted-in to. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Supplying products and/or services to you. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Analyzing your use of our site and feedback gathering to allow us to improve our service to customers.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email/telephone/text message/post with news and information, as well as promotional offers. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You may opt-out at any time.
How Long We Keep Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary for light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected or volunteered. Your personal data will be retained on our records until you cancel your account.
Your Personal Data
We do not share your payment information with third parties, all data is transferred using Stripe.
We do not share your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, except if we are legally required to do so. In such an event, we may share certain personal data of yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.