normal Slide Show - order, display, read more

More
11 years 10 months ago #1566 by Patricia Vollherbst
Hi,
I am using the Slideshow in the Veenio template and have 3 questions:

1. Order - I can't seem to change the order of the slides no matter what I do. I created a category called "slideshow" and put 3 slides in there - "Slide 1" with an order of 0, "Slide 2" with an order of 1, and "Slide 3" with an order of 2. In the module configuration for the slideshow, I set "Order by" to "Ordering" and "Order Type" to "Ascending." But they display backwards - Slide 3, Slide 2, and Slide 1. If I change "Order Type" to "Descending" it has no effect.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Display of slides - the text on the left and the picture line up perfectly at the top, but not at the bottom - in each slide, the picture is about a pixel or 2 too long - just enough to make it look sloppy. I tried adjusting the size of the picture, margin, etc. but nothing seemed to make a difference. Again, what am I doing wrong?

3. Readmore text on slideshow - I saw in a different post where the "Readmore" can be edited (I would prefer a space - "Read more"), but where is the CSS to change the color? (Side issue - where is the CSS to change the color of the text I put in the module in the address position - I found the CSS for the menus etc.)

Thank you so much for your time! When I get these issues resolved, I think I'm going to be very happy with the way my website looks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #1569 by Linh Robert
Hi,
For the ordering, you can edit helper.php and find the query missing there.

For the image size, you can set in the module parameters configuration in back-end.

For the readmore link color, you see, there is class "readmore" for that read more link. Please apply css for that selector.
eg:
Code:
a.readmore {color:#FFF;}
Certainly, you can try to write:
Code:
.mega_slideshow a.readmore {color:#FFF;}

etc.

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 10 months ago #1571 by Patricia Vollherbst
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly - please help me make sure I understand your answer - Is it true that the "Order by" parameter in the Basic Options for the slideshow module doesn't work and that I need to edit the following code from helper.php to make it work?

// Set ordering
$ordering = $params->get('ordering', 'a.publish_up');
$model->setState('list.ordering', $ordering);
if (trim($ordering) == 'rand()') {
$model->setState('list.direction', '');
} else {
$model->setState('list.direction', 'DESC');
}

Thanks!

More
11 years 10 months ago #1572 by Linh Robert
That's it :-)

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 10 months ago #1574 by Patricia Vollherbst
2 updates, in case they help someone else:

When I changed the height of pictures parameter in the Mega Slideshow modules from 287 to 285, everything lined up properly. I had been trying to adjust the image size in the article, and that didn't work.

I found the css to adjust the orange text in the address position - I was searching for the word "address" but it's actually in .header_add in the layout.css file. Also was able to make it wider.

Hope that helps someone else.

If I figure out the php code to fix ordering the slides, I'll post it (no guarantees - I am decent with css and html but a novice at php).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linh Robert

More
11 years 10 months ago #1592 by Patricia Vollherbst
Here are the changes I made (beware - the code is not very elegant) to helper.php to make the slideshow ordering work properly - if anyone sees a mistake, please let me know!

// Set ordering
$order = $params->get('order', 0);
$order_type = $params->get('order_type', 'ASC');
$model->setState('list.direction', $order_type);
if ($order == 0)
{
$ordering = 'a.created';
}
elseif ($order == 1)
{
$ordering = 'a.modified';
}
elseif ($order == 2)
{
$ordering = 'a.hits';
}
elseif ($order == 3)
{
$ordering = 'a.ordering';
}
elseif ($order == 4)
{
$ordering = 'rand()';
$model->setState('list.direction', '');
}
$model->setState('list.ordering', $ordering);

Hope that helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linh Robert

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam