normal Help with product categories/ shipping customizati

More
12 years 1 month ago #787 by Dimi Ingle
Hi

On my categories/home/featured products page etc, how can I change it from saying "add to cart"? I want it to say "more info" and then when they click on the product page, they can "add to cart" there. The option from the default page doesnt add the product to cart so Im worried users will get confused and think its added when its not.

Then, on the categories page, how can I change it that when a reader clicks the image thumbnail from the cat they must be taken to the product, not shown the full size image? I dont mind if they can see full size image on product page, but not from the categories.

Lastly - with the shipping order form, Im setting my shipping that users cant input a shipping address - they can only add a "code" and which ever code they have entered, their products will be sent to that destination. Do you have any suggestions on how I can remove the "shipping address" (but leave the rep code feature available) from the form? I just want to illuminate any confusion.

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #796 by Linh Robert
Hi,
To change Add to cart text to Details text, edit templates/ot_boutiquebox/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php and find this code:
Code:
<?php // Product Details Button //echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DETAILS'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details')); echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details')); ?>
pls change to:
Code:
<?php // Product Details Button echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DETAILS'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details')); //echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details')); ?>

Lastly - with the shipping order form, Im setting my shipping that users cant input a shipping address - they can only add a "code" and which ever code they have entered, their products will be sent to that destination. Do you have any suggestions on how I can remove the "shipping address" (but leave the rep code feature available) from the form?

There is no solution for this now. You can go to VMED to fine some shipping module which fit your need.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #799 by Dimi Ingle
Thanks for the reply, Seems to be working, but not on the home/ featured page? Only on the product category. I assume I should be changing it on the home page in HTML as well?

I dont think you answered my second question?
"Then, on the categories page, how can I change it that when a reader clicks the image thumbnail from the cat they must be taken to the product, not shown the full size image? I dont mind if they can see full size image on product page, but not from the categories."

On the homepage, when a reader clicks the product or image it takes them to the page, but on the cat pages, when they click the image it takes them to the product image full view file? HOw do I change it to click to product page?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Dimi Ingle.

More
12 years 1 month ago #805 by Linh Robert
Hi,
1. To change "Add to cart" text to "Details.." in the frontpage (that show by mod_virtuemart_product), you need edit file templates/ot_boutiquebox/html/mod_virtuemart_product/default.php and find this code:
Code:
echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ADD_TO'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details'));
then replace it by:
Code:
echo JHTML::link($product->link, JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DETAILS'), array('title' => $product->product_name,'class' => 'product-details'));

2. Click thumbnail image in cate and it popup, click link or button will go to details -> that is VM rule. But you can do a hack (like the product module in frontpage as we done) by do this:
edit templates/ot_boutiquebox/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php and find this code:
Code:
<div class="product-image"> <?php echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="'.$product->product_name.'" ',true,'class="modal"'); ?> </div>
change to:
Code:
<div class="product-image"> <?php $image = $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="'.$product->product_name.'" ',true,''); echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$image,array('title' => $product->product_name) ); ?> </div>

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32

More
12 years 1 day ago #1166 by Dimi Ingle
Hi

I treid this it did not work :(

All it did is link the image thumbnail to the image file

Code:
// Show Products ?> <div class="product floatleft<?php echo $Browsecellwidth . $show_vertical_separator ?>"> <div class="spacer"> <div class="ot-custom-products-page"> <div class="product-image"> <?php $image = $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id="'.$product->product_name.'" ',true,''); echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$image,array('title' => $product->product_name) ); ?> </div>

How can I change it so that the thumbnail either links to the product or have no link at all?

More
12 years 19 hours ago #1168 by Linh Robert
Hi,
what file do you make change to? please change the file I mentioned and remember to upload it.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam