normal Making adjustments? Cleaning up

More
11 years 11 months ago #1201 by Dimi Ingle
Hi, Omega theme. I have three customization queries, please can you asssit me with these?

1) I'd like to know how I change the thumbnails on my product pages. I know you change the settings in the VM Configuration, which is currently at 170 x 90

I am happy with the product thumbnails being 170 x 90 on the category listing page, but on the actual product page, when you click onto it it has a huge white space, around the 170 x 90 thumbnail. The total box size is 350 x 350 . How do I increase the thumbnail size on that Product, and if not, how can I reduce that space around the thumbnail it as it looks odd? The main image file I am uploading is bigger than 350 x 350.

I see it is displayed like this on the Omega theme page as well? - See Attachment 1

2) I dont want product information on the product category listing, so I havent inlcuded a short description. This is fine as it works by not showing any text under the product, however, I still have a big blank space between the product and the add to cart button. - See attachment 2, this is similar to what my page looks like. How do I remove this on the homepage? What file and where do I make the changes?

3) Im using OTBOUTIQUEBOX for Joomla 1.7. I like how your's says "Product Details" instead of "add to cart" - if I change this in the language file will it affect the product page when I want it to say "add to cart"?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1206 by Linh Robert

dotcomdee wrote: 1) I'd like to know how I change the thumbnails on my product pages. I know you change the settings in the VM Configuration, which is currently at 170 x 90

I am happy with the product thumbnails being 170 x 90 on the category listing page, but on the actual product page, when you click onto it it has a huge white space, around the 170 x 90 thumbnail. The total box size is 350 x 350 . How do I increase the thumbnail size on that Product, and if not, how can I reduce that space around the thumbnail it as it looks odd? The main image file I am uploading is bigger than 350 x 350.

You can set the thumbnail size in configuration is nearest the size you want, for example 300 x 300.
Then, to replace the current thumbnails, in product edit page, product image tab, upload the images with Replace and/or Replace thumbnail option.

For best display, product image should have white background. You should prepare images before upload to products.

dotcomdee wrote: 2) I dont want product information on the product category listing, so I havent inlcuded a short description. This is fine as it works by not showing any text under the product, however, I still have a big blank space between the product and the add to cart button. - See attachment 2, this is similar to what my page looks like. How do I remove this on the homepage? What file and where do I make the changes?

The homepage use mod_virtuemart_product, and you can edit file templates/ot_boutiquebox/html/mod_virtuemart_product/default.php, find this code and remove (or comment) it:
Code:
//Product short DESC echo '<div class="product-s-desc"> <p class="product_s_desc">'; echo shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 60, '...'); echo '</p></div>'; ?>

For the category page (but not homepage), edit file templates/ot_boutiquebox/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php, find this code and remove (or comment) it:
Code:
<?php // Product Short Description if(!empty($product->product_s_desc)) { ?> <div class="product-s-desc"> <p class="product_s_desc"> <?php echo shopFunctionsF::limitStringByWord($product->product_s_desc, 60, '...') ?> </p> </div> <?php } ?>

dotcomdee wrote: 3) Im using OTBOUTIQUEBOX for Joomla 1.7. I like how your's says "Product Details" instead of "add to cart" - if I change this in the language file will it affect the product page when I want it to say "add to cart"?

If you change the words in language file, it will change the words only, do not effects the product page.
It will be better if "Detail" rather than "Add to cart" because product will have attribute (as color, size, etc.) so customer can not add to cart at browser page, just do add to cart in product detail page. So we love to leave it "Detail".

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Linh Robert.

More
11 years 11 months ago #1219 by Dimi Ingle
Hi, thanks for the speedy response and advise - managed to get it all working properly :)

Just one question... (sorry) on the category page it's picking up small thumbnails in 170 x 170 which is good (even though I made the thumbs bigger in the settings) - any suggestions on how I can make the ones on the homepage module appear in that same size?

Thanks again for your help
You have been a great help and I will definitely use your themes in future projects!

More
11 years 11 months ago #1220 by Linh Robert
Hi,
To set limited size for the thumbnail at module on homepage to the size as you want(eg: 170x170), just add this to css:
Code:
.product-image img { max-width: 170px; max-height: 170px; }

Thanks for interest!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 11 months ago #1221 by Dimi Ingle
Thanks for the help! :) Will try that now

More
11 years 11 months ago #1222 by Dimi Ingle
You ROCK!
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam