normal changing dropdown menu to horizontal menu

More
12 years 1 month ago #882 by Mycomp Informática
Hello dear friends, how are you? I'm having problems when I go to change css to horizontal menu. So, how can I change it to horizontal menu aligned to left side?

thanks

Jamil
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #885 by Linh Robert
Hi,
The default is aligned to left (you can see demo here ).

If there is not aligned left in your site, you may edit file /templates/ot_boutiquebox/css/dropdownMenu11.css
(Joomla 1.5) or /templates/ot_boutiquebox/css/dropdown.menu.css (Joomla 2.5) and add the
Code:
text-align: left;
to this:
Code:
#ot-mainmenu ul.menu li a span { ... }

If posible, post your site url here so we can see it.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 1 month ago #889 by Mycomp Informática
okay, but I'd like to open the dropdown menu (second level) in the same line (horizontal) - item after item. Without joomla it's easy to do, but when I try to change this style, I haven't success.

thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago #891 by Linh Robert
Ahh ok I understand what you want now.
If you want the second level is also horizontal, you need change many css style attributes since this designed for vertical dropdown only.
You can try do something such as:
Code:
#ot-mainmenu li ul, #ot-mainmenu ul.menu li ul{ ... width: 700px; ... }
Code:
#ot-mainmenu ul.menu li.parent ul{ ... width: 700px; ... }

#ot-mainmenu ul.menu li li {
/*width: 205px;*/ /*remove the second li width */
}
etc.

You can follow some tutorial by Googling about this, may be have a trick.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 1 month ago #895 by Mycomp Informática
yeah, almost. Until there I do, but I can't align to left side, just bellow the same top menu. I have to do the second level in the same line, starting of the begin top menu

thanks, thanks a lot.

Jamil

More
12 years 1 month ago #940 by Mycomp Informática
Hello again :) . I know that here isn't the place for css doubts, but I already done others menus with left alignment, but now is almost impossible to positionate it. Can You help me? The main menu second level doesn't align to left side. I I'd like to change the dropdown meu to horizontal menu, it works. But I can't put the align to left side, it's showing me bellow the first level option, I want to move the second level to the begin of left side.

thanks

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam