normal Page keeps spinning at the language selection stage in a fresh new installation

More
11 years 5 months ago #2928 by Ka Chan
I just downloaded the latest OT_Ante_quickstart_demo_installation_package_j25 with Joomla 2.5.7.

I uploaded the files through cPanel and then start a fresh Joomla installation
The page lands at the normal joomla installation page and i selected English as the language and then clicked next. Then the page kept spinning for an hour and nothing further happened.

I tried a few times removing the files and uploading again. The problem persists.

I checked the permission of the folders are 755 while the files are 644.
What else have I missed? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

11 years 5 months ago #2943 by Trung Duong
Hello,

Please check your system requires first.

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
11 years 5 months ago #2948 by Ka Chan
May I know if you can advise what potential changes I could make to rectify this? I am new to Joomla so do not understand too much about it. Do you mean I should ask what permission level my system requires? They also said 755 and 644 (but no specification on which exact files to be 755 and which to be 644)

I checked with the hostgator technical support and they said that's the problem with Joomla and the package. In my account in hostgator, I used their Quickinstall feature and Joomla could be installed with no problem. So i believe the issue should not be with my server account. What else should I check?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2949 by Trung Duong
Can you tell me the Joomla! version that you installed from hosting ? and please provide url to our package that you extracted ?

Regards

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
11 years 5 months ago #2951 by Ka Chan

More
11 years 5 months ago #2952 by Trung Duong
Ok, Can you submit your url here ?

Regards

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam