normal Cannot save anymore

More
10 years 7 months ago #5703 by Jean-Sébastien Guillemette
Hi, I just went into an other problem. I cannot save any articles modicitations neither modules modification.

Here's my situation.

I migrated joomla 1.5 into 2.5 - everything was workinbg fine. The new migrated website was into /public_html/new_site/

I've copied the entire website into my computer (both site 1.5 and 2.5, deleted the entire /public_html/ folder and I have copyied the files that were into the folder /new_site à the root "/public_html".

Now, everything works fine but I cannot save nothing.

Any idea what my problem is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

10 years 7 months ago #5708 by Trung Duong
Replied by Trung Duong on topic Re: Cannot save anymore
Hello,

It seems from mootool version doesn't match with your joomla version.

Please check it first

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
10 years 7 months ago #5709 by Jean-Sébastien Guillemette
But everything was working fine before I decided to copy the temporary folder into the root folder. What mootools does exactly? Maybe I can upgrade mootools.

Thanks for your answer.
Sincerely
JS

More
10 years 7 months ago #5714 by Jean-Sébastien Guillemette
Good day everyone!

I just fixed my issue. While I was searching the web I found the solution that fixed my problem. I share it with you because I think lots of people are having this issue and I hope this will help those people.

Save Button Not Working After Migrating Joomla

We are migrating many Joomla websites (from version 1.5.x to the latest 2.5 version) these days and a common problem that we see is that once we finish the migration, and we make the website live, the “Save” button (as well as many button in the Joomla menu) stops working. This is normal – and it’s because our method of migrating Joomla consists of creating a sub-directory in the main website’s directory, ensuring that the website works normally under that sub-directory, and then moving the contents of that sub-directory to the directory of the main Joomla website, essentially overwriting the Joomla 1.5 version of the website with the Joomla 2.5 version. You might now think, “how are these two things related to each other?”

Well, when you migrate this way (by creating a sub-directory for the Joomla 2.5 version and then moving it up one level), you are causing some caching issues (not to mention, of course, some login issues) at the browser level. The browser becomes confused a bit, and there are two ways to unconfuse the browser and solve this problem:

Clearing your browser cache: Clearing your browser cache ensures that your browser has the latest version of your website – and that there are no cached JavaScript libraries that are conflicting with your Joomla’s functionality.

Resetting your Joomla admin template: Resetting your Joomla admin template consists of switching from one admin template to another (usually from Bluestork to Hathor) and back (when you do this, Joomla instructs the browser that its cached version of JavaScript files is not up-to-date, and it needs to be refreshed). So, for example, if you’re using Bluestork (which is the default template) as the template for your administrator area, all you need to do is to switch to the Hathor template and then switch back to Bluestork. Changing the template of your admin area can be done in the same place where you change the template for your site (under “Extensions”->”Template Manager”).

We think that this is an annoying bug in Joomla and can cause a lot of anxiety for those that migrate their Joomla websites by themselves (because they think that they did something wrong during the migration process when they really didn’t). We hope that this bug will be fixed in a later installment of the Joomla 2.5 series.

Sincerely,
JS

More
10 years 7 months ago #5720 by Trung Duong
Replied by Trung Duong on topic Re: Cannot save anymore
You're great. I hope it will help lots of people with the same issue

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam