normal Surfdev with Virtuemart and Blog?

More
11 years 1 hour ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4449 by Trevor Nelmes
Hi

I like to use the Surfdev template, but I need it to work with a blog and a shop. Does it work with Virtuemart shop? And can it work with blog software, if yes, which one(s)?

Trevor

[Edit]

I suppose I ought to add a few bits of information to make the answer that someone might give easier and concise ...

1. Up until now, I have simply written website content and style by hand. But it's too much hassle and takes too much time.
2. So I decided to use a CMS. Hence Joomla is decided upon.
3. My site is currently blank and that is OK for now.
4. I installed Joomla 3, but found that there was little support for it, until 3.5 releases, and so removed it.
5. I installed Joomla 2.5.9 with the default demo data/files and that is sitting as my home page.
6. From what I can see, as I want a shop, VirtueMart seems to be the choice. I also want a blog, but haven't made a choice, but EasyBlog seems a good choice?
7. I wanted a Windows 8/Metro style theme, and Surfdev looked the part. I downloaded it and it appears to be in two options.
8. The larger appears to be full Joomla, but with the surfdev template and demo data? Is that right? Is the data and setup different from the standard Joomla install? Do I need to install this, and should I install it to a different folder?
9. Or do I simply install surfdev package (the second part of the download)? Bear in mind that I have NO DATA/CONTENT of my own right now, so whichever is easy.
10. Do I install Virtuemart before or after I install surfdev?
11. Will the surfdev theme work in Virtuemart?
12. Do I need to install a blog extension, and if so, which one will work with the surfdev theme?

If I can get this working, I WILL purchase at least one of the paid for packages, the amount suitable to compensate for the help. I have already paid another company for a template to find that their product was useless and no support forthcoming. I am trying to avoid that this time round.

Trevor
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Trevor Nelmes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

10 years 11 months ago #4452 by Trung Duong
Hello,

Upon your requests i can answer your question:

+ This template is just simple Joomla! content with K2 CCK style only, it doesn't support Virtuemart and Simple blog extensions. So if you decided to use this template for you project then you must have plan to work with Virtuemart and Simple blog.

+ You can simply install quickstart package on other folder, extract zip file and run install like you install new fresh joomla site, then you can install extensions: VM and simple blog for your project.

+ If you need custom work for this project then we can estimate time and price to get it complete for you.

Best Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: jair duarte

More
10 years 11 months ago #4455 by Trevor Nelmes
Thanks for the clear answer.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam