normal Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array

More
8 years 10 months ago #8147 by Vicky Bower
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/mysite/public_html/modules/mod_otclientlogosscroller/elements/otclientlogosscroller.php on line 73

Module installs fine - I edit the module but on saving I get this in backend which prevents me from editing the slider so I am forced to uninstall and reinstall the module if I need to do any edits!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #8339 by Igor Maric
I've got the same problem and this is the first time I downloaded the module. Everything went well but this. When saved it displays this message, but only this time it's line 73.

More
8 years 5 months ago #8386 by Tanase Butcaru
Hello guys,

Just got into this bug when using FaLang to translate the module.
The error is right, the " $this->value[$i] " is an object, not an array AND it is used as an array.

As a quick fix:
- open
Code:
modules/mod_otclientlogosscroller/elements/otclientlogosscroller.php
- go to line 72 (where the for loop starts) and add the following:
Code:
$this->value[$i] = (array) $this->value[$i];

So, old code:
Code:
71 if (!empty($this->value)){ 72 for ($i = 0; $i < count($this->value); $i++){ 73 if (!empty($this->value[$i]['avatar']))
...and the code with the fix:
Code:
71 if (!empty($this->value)){ 72 for ($i = 0; $i < count($this->value); $i++){ 73 $this->value[$i] = (array) $this->value[$i]; 74 if (!empty($this->value[$i]['avatar']))

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam