normal Need some help in configurations

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #3702 by Alexey Lukyanov
Hello,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.7 with the Seblod CCK and JComments plugin.

Problem is: tabs just don't appear on frontend. Maybe I'm doing smth wrong or there is a problem whith combination of these plugins. But in my opinion it's very unlikely.

Here how i configure the OT mini Tabs plugin:

1) Install and publish it in some position (the position is free from any other modules)
2) Select the content type of the module
3) Select the list of categories, configure the "content options" tab
4) Press the Save button

after this nothing happens. The position becomes a 0 height and OT mini Tabs dont appear.

What do I do wrong?

I tried to find some instructions how to use it, but i couldn't.

By the way the main task for me is to make the "category blog" like in basic Joomla but where i can choose the viewing of articles by tabs. Where every tab is a some kind of filter for articles by the categories.
Of course i need to publish it in the main content postion instead of the standard "category blog" materials of Joomla.

Can I do this using your extension and what do I do wrong in configs, what position i need to use for this and what menu type it has to be (now i have "category blog" menu type)?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Alexey Lukyanov.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3713 by Minh Van
Can you post image of your module configurations to here? i have test this module on my local and it's work fine!

More
11 years 1 month ago #3718 by Alexey Lukyanov
Thank you for your reply.

First problem was solved. It was very stupid from side i didn't notice that module was not assigned for all pages. So when I set it to "show on all pages" everything became good. Sorry for disturbing you about that.

But as I usnderstand it doesn't show the articles from subcotegories, only from selected category.
I have a category "A" and it has subcategories "A1", "A2", "A3". I need to make a tab "A" which has to show all articles from subcategories "A1..3", and the same for category "B" and so on. Is it possible?

And the last one. Can I post this module in Content position instead of the main Joomla article section?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #3727 by Alexey Lukyanov
I've found the solution of the second question about posting your module in content position. There is a standard Joomla module "Content - Load Modules", it must be published and in position options of required module you have to type unique name of virtual position. After that in article text area you have to write such code: {loadposition name_of_virtual_position} where the module has to be inserted.

Ok. But I still don't know can your extension display articles from subcategories like I asked before.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Alexey Lukyanov.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam