normal Is there any way to add captcha to this Module

More
12 years 3 months ago #157 by Vinh Ducanh
Is there any way to add captcha to this Module? That would be Sweet.

It sort of works, the forgot name,password links are OK (load on there own page) but the registration page always fails due to not seeing the CAPTCHA and then loads its own page where it is visible and requires users to register twice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158 by Linh Robert

vinhducanh wrote: Is there any way to add captcha to this Module? That would be Sweet.

It sort of works, the forgot name,password links are OK (load on there own page) but the registration page always fails due to not seeing the CAPTCHA and then loads its own page where it is visible and requires users to register twice.

Hi vinhducanh,
Since you use any third-party plugin to provide CAPTCHA for user component of your website, you need to add some more codes to display the catpcha in the register tab of this module and some code to get and validate that captcha when the form is submitted.

If you don't know how to add captcha, just Googling with keywords such as "recaptcha", "recaptcha for Joomla", etc.

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3430 by Jim Brooking
Re Captchas for registration: I just discovered today that ALL registrations have been failing for an indefinite period because although the Captcha doesn't appear on the OT Lightbox registration screen, whatever processes the "Register" click checks the response which, of course is incorrect. (Using the ECC+ Captcha plugin). I disabled the ECC+ Captcha code for registrations around noon today. The good news is that the user I was helping was able to register. The bad news it I've had about one spammer an hour submitting this form, so I NEED a Captcha there.

Interestingly, when ECC+ is activated for registrations, and the attempt at registering fails, the resulting (fail) screen shows the OT LL popup WITH ECC+, and this form apparent;y processes the login and ECC+ Captcha properly. So apparently there is a way of activating the OT LL popup that does cause the Captcha to appear, but the "normal" opening of the registration popup from the link appearing on my website isn't causing the Captcha to appear.

(I am running 2.5.7 of OT LL.)

Are you aware of any Captcha addins (other than ECC+) that have been tested and found to function correctly with OT LL? Or is there anyone out there who can share code that would make ECC+ work with OT LL?

Thanks...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jim Brooking. Reason: To correct typos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lena Ilicheva

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #4165 by Lena Ilicheva
We also need add ECC+ captcha in OT Lightbox Login. Somebody can help with this?
Thanks.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #4232 by Lena Ilicheva
Omega team support does not read this forum. :(

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam