normal Installation failed

More
11 years 5 months ago #2562 by k b
Installation failed was created by k b
Ok, I downloaded the template, and read the pdf for installing the 2.5 template. There were two install packages in the zip file:

ot_corpmx_template_package.zip
ot_corpmx_demo_package.zip

Following the instructions to install the template in a clean install of Joomla 2.5.7 framework, I installed demo template package and configured it according to the pdf document. I went to look at the site, it's blank. I then installed the ot_corpmx_demo_package.zip package, which never does complete the install. It loads for a long time, then the load process ends without any messages or warnings. I checked the site, again, blank.

I then installed a fresh joomla install and ran only the ot_corpmx_demo_package.zip package thinking I may have done something wrong, again same result.

What is wrong with the install process? I want it to look like the demo.

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

11 years 5 months ago #2566 by Trung Duong
Replied by Trung Duong on topic Re: Installation failed
Hello,

You should extract ot_corpmx_demo_package.zip and install it like you install a clean joomla site. It's quickstart installation file

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
11 years 5 months ago #2577 by k b
Replied by k b on topic Re: Installation failed
Sorry, I'm unclear what you mean. I should upload the ot_corpmx_demo_package.zip package to the server, extract that into the location I want, and then run the install as a manual install of Joomla?

What I don't get is if I installed a clean install of joomla, then just loaded the ot_corpmx_template_package.zip package I should see something. However, after do that the site is a completely blank white screen where as before I installed that template package at least I seen the default Joolma template and sample data.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2584 by k b
Replied by k b on topic Re: Installation failed
Ok, I did the manual install and its now working as it looks in your demo's. thanks.

Might I suggest you update your pdf documentation, it references 1.5 installs and 1.6 installs. 1.6 was just a blip on the joomla radar.

After the install, it was running 2.5.6 so I ran the joomla update and this error appeared:

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =

ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;

Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
SQL =

ALTER TABLE `#__languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published`;
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by k b.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2590 by Trung Duong
Replied by Trung Duong on topic Re: Installation failed
Hi,

Yes, it's quick start installation user guide for old Joomla!, we will update it soon. Any help that you want ?

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
11 years 1 month ago #3774 by Viktor Es
Replied by Viktor Es on topic Re: Installation failed
I got the same message after Joomla update from 2.5.6 to 2.5.9:

Duplicate column name 'ordering' SQL=ALTER TABLE `omega_languages` ADD COLUMN `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default 0 AFTER `published

And main big module is out now.

What is problem?

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam