normal Problem with W3C validation

More
12 years 2 months ago #542 by Hasan inam
Any Time I can't validate my site www.hiwebdesign.de .

They wrote:
"A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the character encoding of the document. Either we do not support this character encoding ("none") yet, or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The error was: Encoding not supported."

The Validator can't find the character encoding automatically. If I do this manually then its working.

But the, I have 1 Error and 2 Warnings.

This are:

Warnings:
1.Character Encoding Override in effect!

The detected character encoding "none" has been suppressed and "utf-8" used instead.

2.Warning Character Encoding mismatch!

The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (none) is different from the value in the <meta> element (utf-8). I will use the value from the HTTP header (utf-8) for this validation.

Validation Output: 1 Error

Error Line 108, Column 10: ID "current" already defined

<li id="current" class="active item-435 level1 first "><a class="level1" href…

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).
Info Line 55, Column 10: ID "current" first defined here

<li id="current" class="active item-435 level1 first "><a class="level1" href…

How can I solve this error and warnings?
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #547 by Linh Robert
Hi,

The two warnings: relative to encoding, you can check the html code of <head> tag and make sure the meta is correct and match with your site encoding.
The meta tag specify that encoding is utf-8. Please check your site encoding to match.
Code:
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type">

The error is the duplicate identify problem. The menu-bar and the menu at right column, have same id when menu-item active. eg: "Home" of menu-bar and "home" of right menu.
Please edit the /templates/mega_calibra/html/mod_menu/default.php and find this code:
Code:
if ($item->id == $active_id) { $id .= 'current'; $aActive = 'current '; }
Change it to:
Code:
if ($item->id == $active_id) { $id .= ''; $aActive = 'current '; }

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
12 years 2 months ago #552 by Hasan inam
I changed the default.php like what you wrote but the Error is still present.

Nothing is changed.

More
12 years 2 months ago #554 by Linh Robert
Hi,
I see the validator done with your site, the error not exists anymore(!). Just still 2 warnings about your site encode in de-de.
validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F...=W3C_Validator%2F1.2

Please check your site encoding, or send us your site admin access via contact form include request to get help.

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam