normal PLEASE HELP! Custom Stockable Varients Not working

More
11 years 11 months ago #1146 by Dimi Ingle
Hi Guys

I need to add stock values to custom fields in my store as we have multiple products with different flavour and size options and dont want people ordering when the product is out of stock.

I am using Joomla 1.7.5 with VM 2.0. I have tried to update the VM, but last time my template broke and I was told that the OT Boutique Box template does not support the latest Virtuemart?

Anyway, I looked online and saw that it was possible with a VM plugin that is on VM already, - but they are not working with my template. The instructions are here forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96927.0;prev_next=prev#new )

I have done everything as requested, added child products and then when I add the Custom Varient to my Product, it lists both the children but wont let me check both options. When I do, I save and then it refreshes and still has only one checked. Ive even treid adding it again, but it adds two varients but only the one product is checked on both. - See attachment (1)

Then, on the product page it doesnt do anything different? The main product still only shows the one product without the child products, In Configuration I have checked " Show Children Category" but still nothing

The only thing different in Custom Varients, my Custom Plugin is called VM Custom Field Stockable and not VM Custom, Stockable Varients - but Im sure it wouldnt make a difference.

Any suggestions on why its not working? I need to be able to update stock qty's

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1149 by Linh Robert
Hi,
Please read this post for update patch for latest VirtueMart (2.0.6)
( www.omegatheme.com/ot-boutique-box/upgra...load-patch.html#1148 )

After update to VM 2.0.6 and this patch, try do your work.

With new VirtueMart (current 2.0.6) I think you can easily control the stock because new VirtueMart now consider a child product is a independent product with a relation with parent.
So you can try add stock to each child or find the option to enable stock control in configuration.

After update to VM 2.0.6 and our patch successfully and you still can not control the stock, you can provide us admin access via services(a)omegatheme.com and we can see the problem for you then suggest a solution.

If the problem does not come from our template (usally not come from template but Virtuemart 2.0 bug/miss feature or wrong configuration/setting) we can just find the reason of problem for you, not do everything with third party extensions and plugins.

You can also leave a question on VirtueMart forum to get help with child products setup and stock controlling.

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Linh Robert.

More
11 years 11 months ago #1150 by Linh Robert
Also, if you want to display child-products at product page, you need add "Automatic Child Variant" custom field to the parent product. (In the screenshot I did not see that custom field added)

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 11 months ago #1156 by Dimi Ingle
Thanks for the help

I will try the update and custom fields and let you know if it works

More
11 years 11 months ago #1162 by Dimi Ingle
Hello

I have updated the site with the new VM and template patch, and seems to be working! :) Thank you
I do have some other errors now but Im not sure if they are due to the update or a component that i had developed. I've mailed my developer to see if he can fix it but posted my error as a new thread

Thanks for your help!

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam