normal Shipping methods question

More
10 years 11 months ago #4785 by Alex McCaskill
Greetings,

I have two different shipping methods: E-book and Shipping Name. One is for e-books and the other for physical products. When products that are e-books are added to cart and the shipping method displayed, both E-book and Shipping name appear whereas only E-book shipping method should appear. It does the same for Physical products. How I can we configure it so that when an ebook is selected that only the e-book shipping is displayed and when physical products is selected, only physical shipping are displayed?

Also, if I leave in Washington and ship items from washington what is the tax rate and how do I configure it. I heard recently that new legislation will be out soon requiring all internet sales to be taxed, if so, how do we configure tax for all states and where do we get the tax rates.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/omegatheme/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

10 years 11 months ago #4794 by Trung Duong
Hello,

For 2 shipping methods, VM support config for each vendor only, so you can't config shipping method for each product type.

About tax plz post your question on virtuemart forum or see virtuemart document for more detail.

Regards

Support email: services(at)omegatheme(dot)com

Follow Us to keep updated!

[img

[img

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

[img]...[/img]

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4797 by Linh Robert

goalex wrote: Greetings,

I have two different shipping methods: E-book and Shipping Name. One is for e-books and the other for physical products. When products that are e-books are added to cart and the shipping method displayed, both E-book and Shipping name appear whereas only E-book shipping method should appear. It does the same for Physical products. How I can we configure it so that when an ebook is selected that only the e-book shipping is displayed and when physical products is selected, only physical shipping are displayed?

Also, if I leave in Washington and ship items from washington what is the tax rate and how do I configure it. I heard recently that new legislation will be out soon requiring all internet sales to be taxed, if so, how do we configure tax for all states and where do we get the tax rates.

Thanks in advance.

Additional suggestions:

You can find and install (may need to buy) a Virtuemart plugin which support selling digital goods (downloadable product plugin). This may helpful for E-book.

For shipping, you can use custom field for products. Assume that you have custom field ship_type, for ebook, type the value for it 'ebook', for book type the value 'book'. Then edit the overridden Virtuemart html files to do some hack, etc. We are not sure if it can work but you can try.

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Linh Robert.

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam