unanswered Alternative to Virtuemart - can I change to another shopping cart?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2434 by Jana Brech
Firstly, thank you for your delightful template. It really suits a book store well, and it has been easy to configure and install, and I have had no problems with it.

However, I am having problems with the parent/child feature in Virtuemart which are not being resolved by the shoppping cart authors, so I am considering changing to another shopping cart. My question is, how difficult is it to modify the OT-Bookstore slide show on the home page so that it accesses a different shopping cart's featured products list?

I have some major problems with Virtuemart. I wish to use the parent/child structure to allow users to select a Paperback, Hardcover or ebook version of each book. I have waited for months for Virtuemart to fix the bugs in this area of their software, but it is still not working. Try googling stockable variants. Problems with Virtuemart 2.1.10 include:
  • their documentation is out of date
  • their Custom Field stockable variant is broken
  • even when it did work it was buggy
  • there are postings on the VM forum for these problems that have had no response for MONTHS

I am now exploring an alternative shopping cart, HikaShop, which appears to have a properly functioning product 'variants' option. It integrates fine within Joomla, so my only obvious problem is how to integrate the OT-Bookstore slideshow with the HikaShop featured products list? Is this very complex to achieve?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jana Brech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam