normal Manual instalation

More
11 years 9 months ago #1425 by Alex Levdanski
I installed joomla from the server.
What is the best way to install OT book store in this situation?
Should I install K2 an virtumart separately or it will be set from the package?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1431 by Linh Robert
Replied by Linh Robert on topic Re: Manual instalation
Hi,
You can upload the quickstart demo package (.zip) to server (to folder /public_html or /htdocs or any folder you want) and extract it. Then browse to your-domain.com/ or your-domain.com/your_folder/ to install(You may need create a new database first).

Can see quickstart demo installation tutorial here

After installed you will have a full site as demos.

That maybe the best and easiest for you if you are not too family with Joomla!.

BTW: if latter that you update to Virtuemart 2.0.6 please use the patch we provided.

Thanks for using our products!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Linh Robert.

More
11 years 9 months ago #1438 by Alex Levdanski
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I did exactly as you suggested including patching.

The problem, which I encountered is a panels duplication in virtuemart after upgrading it to 2.0.6.
For example: if you go to Virtuemart "Shop" section there are two panels: Control Panel and Statistics, and on top of them there are two more "undefined" panels. Everything works fine but it's kind of annoying.
Could you suggest some solution?

Second thing, which is not clear for me, is how to change header title. I checked everything and I haven't found any place where it can be done. The title of page is always "Welcome to OT bookstore".

Third: It is not clear how "Display" list is formed in ot_virtuemart_prodslider.

Sorry for so many questions, but it was impossible for me to figure it out on my own. :(

More
11 years 9 months ago #1439 by Linh Robert
Replied by Linh Robert on topic Re: Manual instalation
Hi,

The problem, which I encountered is a panels duplication in virtuemart after upgrading it to 2.0.6.
For example: if you go to Virtuemart "Shop" section there are two panels: Control Panel and Statistics, and on top of them there are two more "undefined" panels. Everything works fine but it's kind of annoying.
Could you suggest some solution?

For this problem, you just need clear the browser cache and cookies then it will not duplicate anymore.

Second thing, which is not clear for me, is how to change header title. I checked everything and I haven't found any place where it can be done. The title of page is always "Welcome to OT bookstore".

Did you check the page display setting at the "Home" menu item parameter? (eg: Menu manager -> Main menu (may be different) -> Home)

Third: It is not clear how "Display" list is formed in ot_virtuemart_prodslider.

I don't understand your need, but this module will get products from vm product categories. The cate gories will be choose from module parameter area.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/

More
11 years 9 months ago #1440 by Alex Levdanski
Hi Linh,

Many thanks, you suggestions are very helpful! Everything works now.

Kind regards,

Alex

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam