normal Thank you and small fixes

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #277 by Fred Muller
Hi!

first of all I'd like to thank you for making so many great templates for free and available under the GPL. This is the main reason why I have chosen this one over other 'free' ones.

I have had a few issues with this template and came up with some fixes which I'd like to contribute back (in the GPL spirit :P ):
  1. I had to disable the OT lightbox login module as I couldn't get a captcha working in it, and it would conflict with the kunena profile saving button (I also notice one cannot modify his profile on your site). I'd like to add that I am using ECC+ which works out of the box if you access the registration component direclty in the site, but not on the OT lightbox module. Though if in that registration main page the OT module will then display the captcha. Maybe it's a valuable info which could help you to fix the problem?
  2. The registration component is not properly styled. I didn't check whether you were using a HTML override or not, I just updated the CSS to make it look good.
The issues fixed are:
  1. unaligned input boxes
  2. email input box not styled like the other fields
  3. the required field star while being css tagged, is left black (and strangly tagged as red or star depending where). Since the 'star' class is already used for the template typography I had to add specific tagging for that location in the fix.

So here are the modifications I did which I also release under the same GPL license:
File: typography.css (located under ot_appoz/css - starts line 79 - you need to replace existing code)
Code:
.registration, .profile, .profile-edit {width: 525px} .red, .registration .star, .profile-edit .star, .ot-user-signup .star {color:#ff0000;} ul { list-style-type: disc; } ol { list-style-type: decimal; } dl { margin: 10px; } .registration dl dt, .profile dl dt, .profile-edit dl dt { font-weight: bold; display:block; clear:both } .registration dd, .profile dd, .profile-edit dd { margin: 0em;float:right;} dl dt { font-weight: bold } dd { margin: 0em;}

File: reset.css (located under ot_appoz/css - starts line 27 - you need to replace existing code)
Code:
input[type='text'], input[type='password'], input[type='email'] {padding: 1px 0 1px 5px;} button, input[type='button'], input[type='submit'] {padding: 2px 4px 2px 1px;line-height: 100%;} input[type='button'], input[type='submit'], input[type='checkbox'], input[type='image'], input[type='radio'], input[type='reset'], select, button {cursor: pointer;} textarea, input[type='text'], input[type='password'],input[type='email'], select {border: 1px solid #c8c8c8;background: #ffffff;} textarea:hover, input[type='text']:hover, input[type='password']:hover,input[type='email']:hover, select:hover {border-color: #aaaaaa;} textarea:focus, input[type='text']:focus, input[type='password']:focus,input[type='email']:focus, select:focus {border-color: #8c8c8c;outline: 2px solid #dcdcdc;}
Note that line 28 and 29 are unchanged.

Thank you for the great work and I won't hesitate to come back if find any other issue. I have also added a credit page to my site thanking you guys! Hopefully it'll bring you some customers.

Fred
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Fred Muller. Reason: added a fix to keep kunena's profile well styled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linh Robert, makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #278 by Fred Muller
Another minor fix is with the css styling of the system message using the ul li. The template typography is changing the default to use a background arrow which comes out on top of the information icon. I have also added extra tweak to suit my liking (center aligned information icon rather than top aligned and full width size of the message rather than just 226pixel as it is in this template (couldn't figure out why)).

Here are the changes:
File: typography.css (located under ot_appoz/css - starts line 193 - insert the code below before that line)
Code:
#system-message dd {width: 100%} #system-message dd ul {background-position: 4px center;} #system-message dd ul li {background: none;padding:0}

Enjoy!

Fred
ps: same license as above
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Fred Muller. Reason: styling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linh Robert, makcim makcimov

More
12 years 3 months ago #280 by Linh Robert
Hi fred,
Thanks for using our products and for your enthusiasm!

We will notice these for improving our products.

Thanks again and happy to see your posts!

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

More
12 years 3 months ago #282 by Fred Muller
I just modified my initial post as my changes were affecting kunena profile display. So now only the registration and profile box are being affected by the changes (only typography.css was updated).

Fred
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam