normal How to upgrade templates and extensions to J! 2.5?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #843 by Leopold Arthold
Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade my website from joomla 1.7 to 2.5.
I applied your template "Sports Template - OT eSporter" and some of your free extensions to my website.
I localised my website to german language.

Is there any tutorial which describes exactly how to upgrade your templates and extensions from joomla 1.7 to 2.5?
Is it possible to use your free extensions with Joomla 2.5?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Leo
The following user(s) said Thank You: makcim makcimov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #847 by Linh Robert
Hi,
eSporter is now already have Joomla 2.5 package.
  • - So, firstly, you need re-download the OT eSporter.

• - Secondly, please goto joomla.org to download the package update and follow their instruction to update your Joomla 1.7 to latest Joomla 2.5.

• - Thirdly, extract the package eSporter you downloaded and extract the version for Joomla 2.5.
Details for 3rd step:
- extract the template package (Joomla2.5/mega_esporter_template_installation_package_j25.zip) to overwrite the current template in your site.
- install the extensions come with package J2.5 (in Joomla2.5/Extensions) to upgrade extensions (not need to remove before install).

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32
> www.omegatheme.com/member/
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by Linh Robert.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #866 by Leopold Arthold
Hi,

I have to install both templates und extensions via ftp.
There is no need to use the joomla installer therefor.
Is this correct?

Is it recommended to uninstall your free extensions before upgrading joomla und templates to version 2.5?
It seems there is no free extension which is suitable for joomla 2.5.
Will you adapt these free extensions to joomla 2.5?

I think it would be very helpful for some of your customers to publish a detailed tutorial relating upgrading templates und extensions.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Leo

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #868 by Linh Robert

I have to install both templates und extensions via ftp.
There is no need to use the joomla installer therefor.
Is this correct?

Yes, correct.

Is it recommended to uninstall your free extensions before upgrading joomla und templates to version 2.5?
It seems there is no free extension which is suitable for joomla 2.5.
Will you adapt these free extensions to joomla 2.5?

For extensions comes with template, after upgrade Joomla to 2.5, you install the extensions for Joomla 2.5 (in Joomla 2.5/Extensions) then done.

For other free extensions in our site which worked on Joomla 1.7, some extensions still work good on Joomla 2.5 and some others have several problems. We are in progress of upgrading all of them to Joomla 2.5 native.

Thanks

If you need to send us FTP access / host access, administrator access or any private information:
services(at)omegatheme(dot)com or drop a ticket Notice: Undefined variable: target in /home/omegatheme/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/bbcode/url/default.php on line 32

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #890 by Leopold Arthold
Hi,

What is the correct order to upgrade joomla, templates und extension to 2.5?
In some tutorials and blog entries i read to upgrade templates and extensions at first, at finally step joomla.
Please see to software-lupe.de/sl-tutorials/422-cms/59...-25-updaten-tutorial (german language): It means "Before upgrading joomla, you have to update all extensions to last version."

In your about instructions you recommended to update joomla at first step, finally templates and extensions.
What is the correct order?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Leo

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #894 by Linh Robert
Hi,
It is ok if you do as both ways (their and mine). But I think we should have a Joomla 2.5 site first then we will have template and extensions for Joomla 2.5 install in it. Right?
Unless you have another Joomla 2.5 development site, you can upgrade template and extensions first :). Then upgrade your current site to 2.5 then bring extensions from development site to your current site. It's also ok.

BTW, OT boutiquebox have already been Joomla 2.5 supported, with full demo quickstart package included. You can try.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

About Growth

Innovative tech for eCommerce growth

Contact Info

Head: No. 3, 175/55 Lane, Lac Long Quan St., Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam