1. What's in OT SmartSolutions Template package?
After downloaded and extracted the package, you will have these files and folders:
Smartsolution_Psd.zip: Contains PSD file(s)
quickstart_smartsolutions.zip: Quickstart installation package. It includes template, extensions, sample data and all are configured. It is useful for you if you want to have a new full-site quickly.
pkg_smartsolutions.zip: Installable via Extension Manager. Install it on an existing Joomla! 3.x website and you will have template and extensions installed. It includes:
- SmartSolutions template for Joomla! 3.x.
- MegaMenu module.
- JARVIS template framework.
- K2 Content NOT included. Please download and install separately.
imagesfolder: Contains sample images
2. Technical Requirements
Supported system software for Joomla! 3
|PHP (Magic Quotes GPC off)||5.4 +||5.3.10 +||http://www.php.net|
|MySQL (InnoDB support required)||5.1 +||5.1 +||http://www.mysql.com|
|PostgreSQL||8.3.18 +||8.3.18 +||http://www.postgresql.org/|
|Supported Web Servers:|
|2.x +||2.x +||http://www.apache.org|
- PHP safemode off
- cURL PHP extension installed and enabled
- JSON PHP extension installed and enabled
Other recommended settings for better performance
- PHP setting of
memory_limitis set to 96M minimum, 128M recommended, higher will be good (but should not be too high).
- PHP setting of
max_execution_timeshould be greater than 60, but should not be too high.
- IE (Internet Explorer) 9+
- Google Chrome 10+
- Opera 10+
- Safari 5+
3. Install a new site from "Quickstart" package
quickstart_smartsolutions.zip, upload, prepare database and install. After installed you will have a full-site as our SmartSolution template demo site.
OT SmartSolutions supports Joomla!3.x so the installation will have 5 steps:
- Step 1: Select default language
- Step 2: Main configuration
- Step 3: Database configuration
- Step 4: Install sample data
- Step 5: Remove or rename the "installation" folder
For more details, please see How to install quickstart package (Joomla! 3).
4. Install OT SmartSolutions template on an existing Joomla! site
- You need an account to access backend and have permission to install extensions.
- Files and folders are writable.
- FTP account which you can use for uploading files.
- Certainly you need SmartSolutions template package.
From backend, navigate to Extensions → Extensions Manager, browse
pkg_smartsolutions.zip on your local storage then click Upload & Install button.
Copy sample images
Some images in folder
images comes with the package is for sample data, so you can upload all files and folder in this folder to
Once the template is installed successful in your Joomla! site, you need make it as default template for you website. To active the new template go to Extensions -> Template Manager, in Styles tab, choose installed template style and click on Default button.
Installing is completed. Now you may want to change logo, choose a preset color or create module instances and put to module-positions, etc. Please read related articles to know more.
4.4. Uninstall be careful!
Step 1: Backup your site or backup template configuration.
Step 2: Unset SmartSolutions template style from "Default" state by choosing another one as Default. (See 4.3)
Step 3: Go to Extension Manager: Manage page, find extension with type "Package" and name "OT SmartSolution Joomla Template", then uninstall it. This will remove template, module Mega Menu, template framework. Certainly the configured data also will be removed.